This Risk Assessment has been carried out following the guidelines on the HSE (Health and Safety Executive).
Assessment carried out by: Mandy Cowan
Littondale Cottage, Litton, Skipton. N. Yorks. BD23 5QH
Date assessment was carried out 1/7/2020
- Contamination of the accommodation by guests who are asymptomatic or who develop symptoms whilst in situ.
- Transmission of the virus between guests.
Who is at Risk?
- Other guests in the cottage or with subsequent bookings, particularly the elderly or those with underlying health conditions.
- Cleaning staff and their immediate families, particularly those who care for relatives who are elderly or have underlying health conditions.
- The wider public locally.
Actions to Control Risk
Anybody who is exhibiting symptoms or who has any reason to believe they may have come into contact with the virus up to 14 days prior to their booking must follow the Government instruction to self-isolate, and follow NHS guidelines. Therefore not arrive at the accommodation.
Guests that are already staying the accommodation that show any symptoms must notify us immediately and vacate the accommodation to self-isolate at home.
Cleaning staff who are exhibiting symptoms or who have reason to believe they may have come into contact with the virus within the previous 14 days will not come into the property and follow NHS guidelines.
We will ask all guests to follow current guidelines on social distancing
Guests may like to arrange for groceries to be delivered to Littondale to avoid trips to the supermarket.
Guests are advised that the local pubs are taking bookings for tables and as there will be fewer tables available due to social distancing rules, so guests may like to prepare to fully self-cater.
Implemented Changes to cleaning policy
We always strive to maintain extremely high standards of cleanliness at Littondale Cottage and for the duration of the Corvid-19 outbreak, that hasn’t changed but we will adopting the cleaning practices recommended by Public Health England (PHE) for Cleaning in Non-Healthcare Settings
As guests may not exhibit symptoms until after they return home, we will treat every clean as if the guests had potentially been infected. Therefore, we will:
- Use disposable cloths and mop heads.
- Clean with an approved virucidal disinfectant
- Pay particular attention to all hard surfaces and frequently touched areas such as door handles and handrails.
- Curtains will be sprayed with virucidal disinfectant mist
- Carpets to be vacuumed then sprayed with virucidal disinfectant mist
- Hard floors to be mopped with disinfectant
- Reduce the amount of soft furnishings provided.
To protect our Cleaning Team we will:
- Delay cleaning until the property has been vacant for 72 hours if possible.
- Provide rubber gloves and plastic aprons.
- Limit the number of team members in any property to two at a time.
- Ask guests to strip their own beds and put used linen in bags provided.
- Ask guests to empty all bins and place tied bags into the external waste bins.
- All waste will be double bagged.
- There is a delay of at least 72hrs before used linen is collected by the laundry service providing an adequate buffer to protect their staff.
- Dispose immediately of any lost property left by guests.
This policy will be reviewed monthly until the threat of COVID19 threat has passed.